Legal & Cookies
We update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
If you would like to hear more on how we are using and safeguarding your data please email email@example.com.
Information we collect
We don’t ask for any information about you before you reach the checkout area of our site, unless you choose to provide your information by viewing our lookbook and/or signing up for our newsletter, by opting in with the relevant checkbox in the pop up displayed at that time.
When you purchase items from our website, create a customer account, contact us, or sign up for newsletters and other marketing activities, either online or at market/fair, we may collect and process some or all of the following information about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
The personal information we collect from you includes:
- Contact details: name, email address/billing address, delivery address (if different) and telephone number.
- Payment details: banking details and payment card details, however your payment transactions will be encrypted by your bank so we will not retain any payment card details.
- Profile data: if you create a customer account, this includes the profile you create to identify yourself when connecting to our website (including your username and password) and other data about past purchases.
- Additional personal details: you may also provide additional information to us via our mailing list, such as gender, D.O.B or product preference. This information is collected for the purpose of analysing our sales to help us understand and improve our clothing and marketing approach, which you may have given your consent for.
Cookies & on-site information
When you interact with our website, we automatically collect usage and technical data about your device, browsing activity and the journey on site. We collect this data by using cookies.
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor. They are small text files that websites send to your computer so that when you go back to the site it can recognise you. Cookies allow the site to bring up information relevant to you, such as your name, past orders, etc.
Cookies make the interaction between users and websites faster and easier. Without cookies, it would be very difficult for a website to allow a visitor to fill up a shopping basket or to remember the user’s preferences or registration details for a future visit.
Cookies are not computer programs, and cannot read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s email address, etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data that does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information, please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Usage Data includes products you have purchased from us and information about how you navigate our website.
Technical Data includes your IP address, browser type and location, operating system and platform. Information about your visit, including the full URL, date and time of your visit, which items you viewed, searched for or added to your cart, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interactions and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may also receive information from third parties we work with such as our delivery services or credit and fraud prevention agencies.
Use of your personal data
All our data collection processes are governed by the UK’s Data Protection Act and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. The information you give us simply allows us to provide you with a good, reliable service; processing your order, taking payment, supplying products and cancellations or returns and exchanges.
In addition to this, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To update you on the progress of your order. We will usually communicate with you via email but we or the courier companies we use may also contact you by phone.
- To provide you with information that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To process information required for competitions, promotions or survey entries by you.
- If you have previously purchased goods from us, we may provide to you details of similar or other goods that you may be interested in.
- To analyse sales to help us understand and improve our clothing and services provided.
We need your consent for directly marketing any communications. If you have clearly given your consent to receive direct marketing from us, whether via our website or in person, we may use the information you have given us to:
- Update you on upcoming events, new products, sales and information about us and our story.
- Inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- Measure the effectiveness of our advertising and promotions.
- Provide you with information regarding other products that may be of interest to you.
You can opt out at any time, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org, or unsubscribe via the link on our emails. Your data may be shared internally – this is only for the purpose of either contacting you if there has been an issue with your order, which would be flagged with customer service, or the courier company in question or for reporting reasons internally only.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Sharing of your personal data
- Payment providers and cross border solution companies, to process your payment on international orders.
- Delivery and courier companies who supply your order.
- Analytics and search engine providers that aid us in optimising our website.
- If you have opted into direct marketing, third party advertisers who will serve relevant communications to you.
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- To further fraud prevention and reduce the risk of fraud.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your personal information.
All third parties we use are required to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law, in agreement with our instructions, and not for their own use.
Access to your personal data
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Security of your personal data
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards available.
We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information and we will only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
Storage of your personal data
We keep data for as long as you are an Excess Only customer. If your account goes dormant, your data is still kept on file, this is so we can respond to any questions you may have and to maintain necessary records for accounting or reporting. Your data may also be used for research or internal statistics.Contacting us
If you would like further information on any of the above please contact us at email@example.com.